Re: New to list

Good question.... the mechanic at our local dealer worked at the very good Honda dealer nearby for the last 10 years. In all that time he had never seen a Honda that required valve clearance adjustment before 50,000km !
My concern is what happens when you run out shim clearance 'cos the valve seats have moved so far?
Perhaps we can try and work out an average rate of shift of the valve seats using the data collected from ST List owners, and send it in to Triumph for comment :(

see ya
Jonathan

>>> Dan Mohr <DanMohr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 11/07/99 23:39:45 >>>
snip...

QUESTION: Why is it that Honda's VFR can have a much longer valve
adjust/check interval that the Sprint ST, despite the Honda's much higher
rev limit?