RE: hello all

Hi I am new to the list, just dropping a line to say hi and hopefully get
some information of the ST.  I am located in Vancouver, BC, Canada.  I
currently ride a BMW F650ST, but am seriously considering trading it in on a
New '99 Sprint ST.

I know you guys/gals will all be bias but how is the ST with 2 up and gear?
The F650ST is a great city bike but lacks the guts with 2 people and gear
for long rides.

I plan on using in the bike for weekend trips and rally's etc... any advice
and/or input would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Bieu

Hello Bieu. I live in Texas and I just took a 600 mile round trip with the 2
side bags this past weekend. The torque characteristics of the ST allowed me
to pass at will with just a roll on of the throttle. I've also taken my wife
through some very twisty sections in the Hill Country of Texas with no
problems. I have a friend that rides a Duc ST4 and he definitely works his
gearbox a lot more than me on these trips to pass. We are all going to meet
in Arkansas for an ST ralley next month so there will be plenty of feedback
from that trip also. Have you taken one for a test ride yet? I would
recommend it but watch out. Almost everyone that has ridden one buys it.