Re: Luggage options or saddlebags no

Dan Mohr wrote:
> >        Has anyone here elected to NOT get the hard saddlebags but rather
> >to get ONLY the topcase and required luggage rack / topcase mount? I'm
> >thinking about this as an option since I don't really like the looks of the
> >saddlebags on the bike, the low muffler or the brackets that remain on the
> >bike with the bags off.         Besides, with the top case installed, my
> >passenger would have a backrest and OTOH, with the topcase off the bike,
> >you still have the small luggage rack if you need it.
> >        With just the topcase, two people could take an overnighter,
> >staying in a motel.

Ok, I haven't purchased my ST yet, (i'm waiting for a certain stock to
appreciate) but I will throw in my $0.02.

I too, dislike the looks of the low-pipe with the saddlebags.  I do not,
however, mind the saddlebags.  To my mind the top-box alone makes the
bike look like pizza delivery scooter.

I am thinking BW racing underseat pipes with the saddlebags... yeah

- --
Best regards,

Chuck Fergerson
Amazon.com