Re: Speed camera's.....

     I wonder, though, how effective a polarizing filter over your license
     plate would be. While the filter would look like a regular, clear
     plastic license plate cover and frame, to a camera looking at the
     plate from an angle the plate would be obscured.

     There are a few licence plate manufacturers offering polarised
     'anti-camera' plates over here. Their adverts are usually accompanied
     by nice glossy pictures of the plates! :-) A few years back some of
     the bike mags tested the polarised plates and unfortunately they do
     not work.

     What you can do is mount the standard plate vertically instead of at
     an angle, and obscure it by placing something above it that protrudes
     further. This can be achieved by either fitting a top box (Yuck) or
     chopping the rear guard and moving the plate tighter under the tail
     section (which looks really cool, right Lance?). From ground level the
     plate looks perfectly legal but from the elevated position of the
     camera it is at least partially obscured, which means you cannot be
     prosecuted.

     I have this mod done to my TL and on a recent run from Holyhead to
     Cornwall at 120MPH+, with gatsos flashing brightly in the mirrors, I
     was the only one not to get a fine. :)

     Martin

     '99 Sprint ST      (Next week.....can't sleep.....must drive.....)
     '97 Suzuki TL1000S (Grease Spot)
     '79 Guzzi  V50 II
     '81 Suzuki X5      (Elleva)