Re: Radiatore - question

Carlo, on 'normal' riding (not in traffic) the temp guage sits just above the one mark (above the cold zone) on the guage.
I have now removed the fairing lowers, since the one side contacted the exhaust and is on order for replacement.  The bike seems to run about the same temperature, but even with the fan running very little hot air is felt through the fairing gap - at anything above crawling speed the extra flow of colder air below the engine seems to help dissipate that being blown through the radiator.  The frame also remained cooler - cool enough to touch.  I think I will run without the fairing lowers for the rest of the summer, as it does not look too bad either - just need some rubber 'blanking bolts' to cover the holes left in the fairing uppers.  I have left the brackets used to mount the lower fairing in place; they are not too noticeable, and are attached via the crank case bolts, so I didnt want to risk losing oil in removing them.
cheers
Jonathan

>>> Carlo Costanzo - SUN Italy <carloc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 19/07/99 11:15:28 >>>
With regard to my problem with radiators, can some of you let
me know where the needle on your water temp guage reaches when
riding under normal conditions?
I am wondering if my problem could be due to the engine running
at a higher temperature than it should be as my needle normally
stays a bit over the (one and only) notch on the gauge.
On my 95 Sprint it was always just beneath it.

Thanks for any feedback.

Carlo
All Black Sprint ST