Re: Triumph Tank Pad...

At 06:24 PM 07/19/1999 -0500, Marc A. Easley wrote:
 >I just bought the Carbon Fibre Tank Pad you show in the protectors
 >section of the website...I have a couple of ideas on how to install, but
 >what is your suggestion?
 >I'm afraid that if you use the double-sided tape given, then dirt will
 >get under it, etc.  I've thought of velcro...then a friend suggested
 >just adhering with a sealant....??????
 >Any ideas would be appreciated..

Do you want to be able to remove it ? If so,  I used the Triumph rubber
tank pad on my old Sprint and I simply ran a thin bead of Silicone around
the underside along the outside edge to keep the dust and dirt out. Worked
fine....

 >I'd also love a CarbonFibre Seat Cowl...is there such a thing?   ;)

Not yet, but Mr Lilley would be the man to make such an item. I've sent
this to him, so we can see what he says (of course once he finishes his
coffee .... {yes Steve, I did see you comments in the newsletter}).

- - Eric