Re: Assorted questions from a new ST owner

Pete Berg wrote:

> By the way, what is a hugger?  I read some postings that indicate that this
> helps keep crud off the rear chain.  I have no idea what a hugger is.

Pete,Take a look on the ST information web site under accessories for a picture
of a hugger.  It is a small fender that comes attached to the chain guard and
is bolted to the front pivot area of the rear swing arm.  It basically keeps
road crud off the rear of the engine, front of the swing arm and
shock/suspension parts.  It probably protects the chain only somewhat as the
chain guard is basically the same as the stock part.  I currently am using one
on my ST and it really does a good job of keeping things cleaner.
Dan