Exhaust gaskets

Hi guys,
  I just had the pan bolt recall done on my ST (was having too much fun
riding it to take it back sooner) and after riding the bike home I
noticed new noises from the front cowl area which after some inspection
appeared to be from an exhaust leak.  I immediately rode back to the
dealer and they removed the bodywork to reveal that there was a leak
between the head and exhaust header.  They apologized and agreed to fix
it right away.  I was allowed to watch the entire disassembly and
replacement of the exhaust gaskets.  Once removed we could see no
leakage marks on the head, gaskets or header.  The only thing we noticed
was the header was not perfectly true across the flange and one of the
gaskets was slightly more compressed than the others.  New gaskets fixed
the leak.  The point that I am trying to make is if you ever remove the
header either put the old gaskets back exactly in their original
positions or replace them.
Dan

BTW, I really didn't mind having this problem as watching the
disassembly of the bike was very informative and now I have no fears of
damaging something if I need to do it myself.  I also got to hear the
bike run with the muffler off after asking what it would sound like.
The technician obliged with a large grin.  Sounds just like a Formula
Ford in the pits at the race track!  Very loud but cool.