Re: Exhaust gaskets

At 10:04 AM 07/21/1999 -0500, dan & ann curcio wrote:
 >  I questioned them about the reuse of the exhaust gaskets too, but they said
 >Triumph did not specify replacement with the recall
instructions.  According to
 >the dealer they will have to claim the exhaust gaskets separately under the
 >warranty.  I also think putting the old oil back in (also not covered
under the
 >recall) is also poor practice as contamination during the exchange is so
 >likely.  I would not let them put the used oil back in and had to pay for an
 >entire oil change.

They shouldn't have any problems claiming the gaskets.

As for the oil - I agree with you 100%. I, along with many others paid for
new oil. In the dreamland that I live in, I would hope that should Triumph
reach a suitable settlement with the bolt manufacturer, they would offer
those that had the recall done some sort of offer for a free oil change
(hey, I did preface it with dreamland .....)

- - Eric