Re: flaming fairings (lower)

This was the section in the middle of the lower fairing piece; its clearance from the two main 'welding bands' around the exhaust collector - where the 3 pipes become 1, must be very small - perhaps 1-2mm.  I think there are spacers under the fairing, to push it from the brackets, but these were fitted on the other side of the brackets.  Perhaps they were just ham fisted and bent it slightly?

One is on order :)
Jon

At 09:39 AM 07/19/1999 +0200, Jonathan Schulster wrote:
 >The plastic is completely deformed along a 6" x 2" section and the
 >glassfibre heatshield has burned through. Just talked to the dealer and he
 >was not pleased to hear this!  I guess they will learn from the experience :)

Was this in the middle of the fairing (toward the front of the downpipe) or
on the little piece at the end ?

I assume that they are going to replace it at no charge ?

- - Eric