Fuel Guage or Trip meter?

I was meaning to ask everyone if the fuel gage on my machine is "normal" or what.  It takes at least 100 miles for it to come off of the Full mark.  During break-in, I noticed the fuel gage take a plunge to Empty, accompanied by the Low Fuel light, then about a minute later it went back up to Full, and the Low Fuel light turned off???  Is this just a quirk that happened since this was the first tankfull?  This has only happened once, but I have noticed an inconsistancy in when the Low Fuel light comes on, and how much fuel it takes to fill the tank at that point.   I know that temperature of the fuel can affect the readings, but how much?   On my last bike I did not have a fuel gage, and went by trip miles (and occasionally the "Reserve" position of the fuel cock).   I would almost be happier going by miles, and having a real "reserve" valve....or at least I am used to it!

>>> "rhead" <mchead@xxxxxxxx> 07/21 9:49 PM >>>
Had my fuel guage replaced. (or sending unit as the case may be) with the bolt recall. Worked great........until tonight.Back to the same problems. Any word on a fix yet? I guess I need to contact Triumph.
                                 Ride Safe
                                Robert