Re: New subscribers

Hello All,

I am Gary Slabaugh from Tucson, Arizona USA and have been a Sprint ST owner
for about 3 weeks and 3600 miles after having just returned home from a 2 week
honeymoon with it.

One of the things I was going to ask the list concerned the silly fuel gage
but that has already been addressed in several posts.  Mine worked properly
only for the first tank of fuel.  The dealer that sold me the bike has heard
nothing about a general recall from Triumph to repair it so is it only a rumor
or a fact that Triumph intends to make good on this item?   I have learned to
rely on the trip meter to refuel but I would really hate to run out on a ride
as here in the desert southwest that can sometimes mean a very long hike.

I also seem to have a speedometer that reads way fast.  The first time I rode
the bike I new it was optimistic and later had that confirmed on Colorado
radar as 7-8 mph fast.   I also checked the odometer against highway mile
markers and surmised it is at least about 5% high.  Is this speedo error also
common to all the Sprints?

Gary Slabaugh