Re: Testing....

At 05:02 PM 07/24/1999 -0400, Robert Reid wrote:
 >Just found this mailing list, and man am I happy to know you people exist !

Welcome -

 >And in case this works, I'll start asking stuff now.

it works - weekends can be a little slow, as many are out riding.... (or
they only have email at work)

 >1) Is there an FAQ I should check out ?

Just the basic one on the ST site - when you go to the page, you will see a
list of the subjects that I am working on.

 >2) I won't be able to buy until next spring (I'll order this fall/winter),
 >but I'd like to try one on for size beforehand. Barring that, any of you
 >lucky owners close to 5'8", 150 lbs ? In other words, will I reach the bars
 >comfortably ?

Not my measurements - but I'm sure there is someone here that can comment.

 >3) Are they top heavy fully loaded ?

absolutely .... not ! I was amazed at the difference between the ST and my
old sprint (96) fully loaded. This bike was designed with carrying a load
in mind - not just a sport bike that someone decided to toss panniers on.

 >and finally, as a 33 year old single male w/ a clean driving record, what
 >can I expect to pay for full coverage insurance ?

Full coverage and a $200US deduct for comp and $500US for collision, I pay
$400US per year.

- - Eric