RE: ST ergonomics

        All this leads to a question about the ST's ergonomics. Is the
bike
comfy when riding it slowly in cities? Is it the type of bike that makes
you want to jump on just to go for a short slow ride to cool off? Or is
the
bike focused so on placing long stretches of asphalt behind it that I
should consider it for a second bike rather than as a primary one?
        Dan (upstate NY)

*
Dan

First, I am 6'3" and currently tip the scales at 245.  I sold my last
car in '95 and never replaced it as I love to ride anytime I can.  I
commute to work (about 15 minutes) in moderate to heavy morning traffic
(San Francisco) five days a week and then go out carving on the weekend.
I don't use the risers.  I could perhaps see my way toward this if my
daily commute was 40 minutes or longer.  My last three cycles were all
standards with an even more upright position, but after riding the ST, I
like the stock bars just fine.  And this from a guy who suffers from
Carpal Tunnel in my right wrist and from a ganglionic cyst in my left
wrist (in the nerve bundle next to the wrist bones).  This is one of the
most comfortable bikes I've ever ridden.  It's the first bike I've owned
with a truly excellent stock seat (one of Honda's few weaknesses).  I
find the ergos on this bike to be outstanding, although I have
considered lowering the footpegs a half inch as my legs are long.
Ultimately, however, a comfortable riding position is relative to the
individual.

BTW, what part of upstate?  I went to H.S. in Syracuse and just returned
from a biz trip to Ellicottville (south of Buffalo) with a side trip to
Syracuse to see my brother.  I was in the area for a full week and saw
nothing but Harley's until the last day of my visit.  Congrats on
bucking the trend and for choosing a truly excellent, multi-purpose grin
machine.