Re: ST ergos

Bruce McCurdy, '99 Sprint ST, Black is beautiful! gave me a good run-down
on his opinion of ST ergonomics, then added:
>>BTW, what part of upstate?  I went to H.S. in Syracuse and just returned
from a biz trip to Ellicottville (south of Buffalo) with a side trip to
Syracuse to see my brother.  I was in the area for a full week and saw
nothing but Harley's until the last day of my visit.  Congrats on
bucking the trend and for choosing a truly excellent, multi-purpose grin
machine.<<

        Well, I'm only about 30 miles from E'ville. Next time-- if there is
a next time-- send me a note and I'll join you for a beer.
        You are right about the predominance of Harleys around here.
Personally, although I like Harley's well enough, the only one that I find
appealling to own is the Sportster Sport, which I have. Just the same, I've
been loooking at sport touring bikes for quite awhile and the ST is the
first one that has continued to hold my interest. I've considered, but
rejected the VFR750/800, Duc ST2/4, Buell S3/S3 T, ST1100, BMW R1100S, and
probably more. I plan on keeping the Sportster even after buying the
Sprint.
        Dan