Re: the ST virus....

Just a complete guess, but since so few others have had any problems with radiators, and two owners have had repetitive problems; could it be something OTHER than the radiator which is causing the problems eg.
- - stress due to misaligned frame;
- - problems with the mounting bolts or locators
- - contact with something else on the frame or engine

It just seems strange that 99.8% of radiators would exhibit no problems; including those from the same batches as your faulty ones, but that unrelated ones fitted to two bikes would exhibit the same problems each time.....

I really hope you find the solution and that you feel happy enough to keep the bike; I have no doubts about keeping it despite the numerous unrelated problems I have had, as long as the dealer keeps fixing them with the same dedication and determination :)

cheers
Jonathan (bonafide rocket scientist - we have alot of these kinds of problems with spacecraft!)

>>> Garrett Johns <garrett.johns@xxxxxxxx> 27/07/99 18:27:12 >>>
My bike,sadly, born on 12/20/98, purchased 3/19/99,  also has the "st radiator virus". I am currently on my fourth radiator at 4600 miles.The original sprung a leak at just 400 mi., the second lasted about 2600 mi. before puking, The third lasted only 3 days and 400 mi. before spraying the right-side fairing with coolant half-way thru massachusetts while I was enroute to laconia from new haven,ct.I was not a happy camper. Each time it leaks from the same spot,the upper rt.-handside(sitting on the bike)about 2 inches from the corner.I was told by the service manager that my current radiator(which was back-ordered for 2 weeks) was manufactuered in june 1999 while my three previous were made in 1998. I don't know if there is any difference or if this was said to "pacify" me. I have close to 600 miles over 2 weeks with my current radiator with no leaks so far.