Re: That useless 10 amp 12VDC socket

At 09:06 PM 07/28/1999 +0200, you wrote:
 >Just shows what an egghead I am!

yes it does ;-)

 >I thought John Deere made tractors, and now they're making
 >adaptors for Triumphs.
 >What does that tell you?

you can also get the O-rings for the quick disconnects on the fuel lines
from them...

 >So you might be able to run the bike and charge the battery up
 >from the engine? Ingenious!

I think (hope) what he was referring to, was to put one of the mini plugs
on your battery charger - that way instead of having to pull the seat and
clip on there, you can simply plug in at your adaptor socket - much quicker
and easier.

 >I personally would prefer a chilled beer-box on the back for
 >days like today or, failing that, an electric thermos for the
 >cold winters.

see my previous posts on the hot and cold panniers .....

- - Eric