Re: Valves

For my '97 T509 the dealer charged me for the valve clearance check; I have since submitted the receipt to Triumph UK for reimbursement - the reasoning goes something like this:-
- -> valve clearance check revealed 8 of 12 to be out of spec.
- -> these had to be replaced to prevent permanent damage to the engine (two closed down to zero clearance)
- -> must be fault in manufacture as Triumph claim this should not happen until 20,000km at least
- -> warranty item

For the ST the dealer did it free of charge as he wanted to know if they were suffering the same problem, so I dont have to claim for that one. Don't know if he has made out a  separate claim to Triumph Deutschland direct, but I doubt it.

cheers
Jonathan

>>> <TXToday@xxxxxxx> 29/07/99 17:01:12 >>>
As I'm sure everyone knows, the manual recomends the valve adjustment for
12,000mi, though I know many are getting them done at 6,000.  Some of you
mentioned this was being covered under warranty.  Can you tell me how you are
getting warranty to cover it?

Rick