Hello world

Hi everyone,  I just subscribed so I just wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Mort Harries, and I live in Haworth in Northern NJ.  I don't own
a Sprint (yet), but plan to buy a new bike by the end of the year and the
Sprint ST is at the top of my wish-list.  Also looking at the VFR, but
leaning toward the Sprint.  Any comments on the pros and cons of each?

I currently ride a 1978 BMW R80/7.  It's a fine old bike, and one of the
reasons I bought it, was that I knew how everything on it worked, and how to
fix it (carbs, points ignition, etc).  I didn't want anything with
microchips, fuel-injection or other new-fangled gizmos.  Well all those
ideas got tossed out the window a couple of weeks ago when I got a demo ride
on a Sprint ST.  What an awesome bike.  Suddenly all that new-fangled stuff
looks really cool to me!  Yes, I could definitely learn to love fuel
injection if it comes on a bike like this.

One tip I can contribute to any married listers out there..... if you want
to buy a new bike but are running into some, er, resistance.... buy your
better half something extravagant - something she/he _really_ wants first.
I bought my wife a Legend last Christmas.  She loves it.  And now she's
totally in favor of me getting a new bike!

Later,

Mort