Re: Hello world

At 04:29 PM 07/30/1999 -0400, Harries, Mort wrote:
 >My name is Mort Harries, and I live in Haworth in Northern NJ.  I don't own
 >a Sprint (yet), but plan to buy a new bike by the end of the year and the
 >Sprint ST is at the top of my wish-list.  Also looking at the VFR, but
 >leaning toward the Sprint.  Any comments on the pros and cons of each?

Welcome Mort,

There are several here that have first hand experience with both. I'm sure
you'll hear from them.

 >microchips, fuel-injection or other new-fangled gizmos.  Well all those
 >ideas got tossed out the window a couple of weeks ago when I got a demo ride
 >on a Sprint ST.  What an awesome bike.  Suddenly all that new-fangled stuff

ohhh, I'm sorry you didn't join the list earlier. You would have know that
I always tell people not to test ride the ST. Once you do, it will be all
you think about until you get one safely in your garage  ;-)

 >One tip I can contribute to any married listers out there..... if you want
 >to buy a new bike but are running into some, er, resistance.... buy your
 >better half something extravagant - something she/he _really_ wants first.
 >I bought my wife a Legend last Christmas.  She loves it.  And now she's
 >totally in favor of me getting a new bike!

Sounds like a plan, but I'm not sure I could afford the Legend. Any
suggestions for those of us on a budget ? ;-)

- - Eric