Re: Intercom

> >I've been waiting to "hear" from a guy wired for sound........
> >
> >Could you tell me the make and model of the stuff you're using. I
> >presume your happy with your gear......
> >
> >Thanks!
> >
> >Brian W.
> >
> Hi Brian.
> I actually bought the sound equipment in '95 when I bought the old style
> Sprint. It was from a company in the US called Cyclecom. Unfortunately they
> have since gone out of business over a patent lawsuit (yes another good
> company chewed up and spit out by lawyers) They had great service and the
> gear is top notch. The only problem I have is hearing the radar detector
> with my earplugs in at anything over 120mph. I believe I found an equivilant
> though. It is called Autocom and I called them and am expecting an info
> package in the mail. Unfortunately I left their pphone number at work today
> so I'll post that tomorrow. I want to get their intercom system for talking
> to my wife (I can see the heads shaking already) during our rides. I do like
> to talk about the sights on our rides instead of gesturing wildly and
> shouting. More to follow.
> Dennis

I am going to go one step further and ask if anyone out there knows of a system
that allows you to talk to someone on another bike?  (Now the heads are really
shaking)  I am interested in this because my wife is learning to ride and I feel
totally helpless when riding my ST in traffic behind her and she is becoming
nervous because she can't see me.  It would also be nice to talk to her about
riding techniques while moving instead of having to scream at her through an
open visor at the next intersection after the fact.  I would appreciate any
input.

Thanks,
Dan

End of st-digest V1999 #159