Bags

After 5+ hours later I have the bags on.  Man was that a chore!!  The
directions that come with the bags are a little vague. There was
definitely a lot of trial and error involved. I must have added 10 lbs.
of bracketry to the bike.  I guess I am going to have to add the CF
exhaust to try and negate the additional weight. I am a little
disappointed about what is involved if you want to raise the exhaust
when the bags are removed.  Also the lock for the seat is a pain in the
butt to get at with the bags on. Another thing I noticed this weekend is
the absence of a helmet lock!  A touring bike with out a helmet lock???
And what about the absence of lash on points near the rear seat, there
is no way to tie anything down!! Other than that I dont have any major
gripes.

The bike is very neutral in steering. I think with time I will learn to
ride it faster than my YZF1000R.  That bike had some serious quirks with
the steering. The ST feels a lot more planted in the corners. I haven't
touched anything yet but I have gotten all the way over on the rear
tire.  I am almost due for the first service after getting it last
Thursday. I broke the wife in good with a 180 mile day up to the
mountains. I dont know if it was from riding two up or what but I had a
weird pattern on the rear tire. About an inch in from both sides of the
tire there were two ruff streaks  about a half inch wide that went all
the way around the tire. Has anyone seen this on their tires? Is this
part of the tire's characteristics? Well enough babble. I hope everyone
had a safe memorial weekend.

Troy
Troy Blood
PH  (864) 963-3471