RE: Countershaft Seal, Was: New kid on the block and Dropped it

Rich wrote:
Also, with specific regard to Phillipe's request for info about oil leakage at
the shifter pedal shaft, my dealer found it to be a bad countershaft seal,
which is the power shaft coming out of the transmission on which the front
sprocket mounts.  The countershaft seal has been replaced and the bike is oil
tight again.  Phillipe, if you don't have a solution to your oil problem yet,
yours sounds exactly like mine, so it may be the countershaft seal, or it could
still be that plug above the shifter shaft.

Thanks for the tips, but apparently the oil leakage has disappeared miraculously on the last trip I made.
(And there's still oil in the engine).
Sorry to here you dropped it, but from what I hear things could have been worse.

Philippe