New owner and first questions

Hi all.  Proud owner of a new red ST and have put the first 1000 enjoyable
miles on.  I picked it up from what had to be an unsuspecting dealer for
$10,200 with no freight & setup.  love it, but have a few questions,
especially since this is my first big bike with attention required.
1)  The manual says to put it on a paddock stand to free the suspension
before tightening chain.  does the center stand not do the same thing?

2)  fuel gauge and warning light are erratic.  gauge never reads full, tends
to hover at 1/2 and sinks to empty around 130 miles, when the warning light
comes on and the tank will only take 3 gallons.  I still have another 2
gallons left, is there a way to deaden or liven up this gauge?

3) How often are we recommending oil changes, it's got to be more often than
every 6000 miles as the manual indicates?  And is there really a difference
between Mobil 1 and the Triumph Mobil 1 oil?

These are all the concerns I have or anticipate having, pretty minor stuff.
Glad I didn't buy the VFR!

- -Anthony Arcone