Re: Helmet hooks

At 08:47 PM 06/01/1999 -0600, Lance LaCerte, Psy.D. wrote:
>Believe it or not there are two helmet 'locks' --- they are actually helment
>hooks under the seat.  If you pull the seat off, directly behind the fuse
>box and other electric bits fastened to the top of the rear fender, there is
>a black cross bracket ---- look at that bracket and you will see one small
>black metal 'rod' on each side pointing straight down with a small amount of
>space between it and the surface of the plastic fender --- believe it or
>not, that's where your D-ring slips under, and then you can lock the seat
>down, securing the helmet(s).

Lance,

I originally thought the same thing until I went to put my helmet on it.
The only way you can get a D-ring on it (and then lock the seat) would be
if you had a really long strap or had a half (beanie) helmet. Neither my
Shoei or Arai come close to reaching. What type of helmet are you using?

- - Eric