Re: It's an econometer

Another explanation?  It must be the huge G-forces as you accelerate forcing all the fuel to the back of the tank; the sensor sender tube is at the front and starts to read 'empty' - when you decelerate there is a corresponding increase in fuel reading?

Btw, went out last night and the BT57's were sliding all over the place; gave no confidence whatsoever, especially the back breaking away on any uneven surface or the thinnest of overbanding.  Might go for the D207s as they seem to work well on similar bikes.  Wont last too long I guess.

cheers
Jonathan

>>> Macadam <macadam@xxxxxxxxx> 01/06/99 19:34:54 >>>
Hello you ST Lovers out there

I think you all might like to know this:

after filling up I went on the highway, continuously increasing my speed
from 120 km/h to 200 km/h

at 120 the meter (you all think it's the gas gauge) stands on the top.
at 140 it goes down a little bit (1/4)
at 160 it stands half
at 180 it goes in the red
at 200 the yellow light goes on to remind you that if you continue at this
speed you will soon need to fill up.

Start again and the same thing happens again.

So as I said: IT'S NOT A GAUGE, IT'S AN ECONOMETER.

Just to get serious: I wonder if the readings from the sensor go through
the central computer before going to the gauge and that the signals of the
rev counter screw the whole thing up.

Philippe