Tank bags

Just got back from my inaugural "real" jaunt with the ST.
1200 mi in southwest New Mexico and southeast Arizona. I used
a Wolfman XL Strap tank bag. It's a good size, and expands
somewhat if necessary. It is a three point design that requires
some fiddling to rig the rear attachment. The non-slip bottom
cleans easily, stays put, and doesn't mar the tank. There are
three outside pockets. The rain fly is optional, but only $10,
the bag itself lists for $100. The map pocket could be larger,
but works.

Wolfman makes a smaller version too, that is just tall enough
for a radar detector to get a clear shot forward.

http://www.wolfmanluggage.com/

I had a Wolfman on my Tiger, too, and it was vastly superior
to the Bagster. I've used RKA on other bikes and find they
slide around excessively and suspect the fleece on the bottom
would attract grit and potentially scratch the tank.