Re: Buell

> At 07:34 PM 06/04/1999 -0700, Paul Steinbacher wrote:
> >Did
> >Buell do the design work on this part of the package by any chance?
>
> Haven't dropped my engine while riding, so I would say no ;-)
>
> How did yours turn out?
>
> I read somewhere that the recall effected many years of the bikes - any
> idea how far back it goes?
>
> - Eric

Guess I was just a bit upset thinking they turned what should have been a
two minute job into hours when they probably should have done it right up
front since the bike was supposedly designed for this. Of course it did not
help when I picked up the hugger also and it pulled apart (plastic rivets)
during installation, then looked at the chain guard portion and could see
where a stock chain guard had been cut off with a knife to make up that
portion, not even a nice job.

The Buell. Still sitting in the shed, broken in half. I talked to the
dealership prior to the recall arriving with no question in my mind that it
should be covered. Well the dealer gave me some kind of attitude deal and
said maybe Buell would fix it under some kind of nice guy deal. So I never
took it in. Just got the recall and will take it in soon to be repaired. Not
too sure I want to ride it though, this thing has already broken in half at
either end while in motion.

So how long did it take you to mount the top rack?
Paul