RE: Valve Info

Firstly, all of the T5 motors sound odd compared to anything other than a
Detroit Diesel [1]. Secondly a noisy tappet is a happy tappet. It's when
they stop making noise that they hold the valves open and burn them. I'd
recommend looking for someone with exprence with Triumphs before I left the
bike in the hands of folks who never saw one before.

[1] I worked on 71 and 645 series GM diesels, 251 series ALCO diesels and
D399 Caterpillar diesels when I was in the Navy, so I have some experience
in this area.