Dead ST

"I had a major embarrassing fiasco Saturday. I have had the same problem as
below happen a couple of times but it eventually started and would only
happen intermittently. I told my dealer. He downloaded the files from the
bike but saw nothing recorded. He said the computer will only log problems
if the red engine light comes on during the problem which it didn't. I was
attending the advanced rider school to get rid of a speeding ticket when it
started the cranking problem again. It would turn over but wouldn't start
after the bike was at temperature. I would turn it off then on and then it
would finally start. This happened so much my battery finally gave out and I

had to push start it in front of the entire class. Not a good public debut!
"

Actually, my bike was completely cooled down (end of work day).  I also
tried to get it started on Sat. with no luck.  I talked with my Service guy
at the dealership on Sat. afternoon who stated "we have had this problem
with some of the fuel pumps on the 99 models that have fuel injection"
.........Hmmmmm.  This was the first I had heard of this, so has anyone know
of/talked to any T5 owners with this problem?  Just curious.  By the way,
enjoyed the AMA races this weekend, but I sure did miss seeing and hearing
Curtis Adams and the OCT Daytona up front in the Sound of Thunder races!

Dave Smoot
"STrider" (at least until I get my ST back! :P    )
99 ST  RED!
98 Trophy 900  BRG
95 KTM LC/4 620 R/XC

End of st-digest V1999 #99