Re: A few thoughts

At 07:48 PM 06/07/1999 -0500, rhead wrote:
>    About the tall windscreen. After 150 miles I removed it and am
debating what to do . It did seem to add to the pressure on the wrists. I
think to much for me. I may try it again after the Gen Mar risers are out.
I noticed that for me at speeds between 75mph-90mph(as noted on the stock
speedo) the front fairing moved around to much. Speeds above that were
horrible.The mirrors became totally useless.

Robert, were you one of the people that had problems with the mirrors to
begin with?

I have noticed any significant increase in the mirrors up to about 100 mph
actual speed. After that point I stop looking in the mirrors anyway ....

>As strange as it sounds my initial thoughts are for me that it might add
to the fatigue on long rides.

Hard to say - more fatigue from the angle, but less from the elements. I
think I will really like it during the "light" summer rains that we get
around here.

>My girlfriend did like the windflow as a passenger. She has yet to ride
with me and the stock screen.

Same here, although she has ridden with the stock screen and by far prefers
the taller screen

>    Installed the throttlemeister the other day. It is a wonderful product
and they were also a pleasure to deal with. I like the clean installation.
I set mine up a little soft so I could "fine tune" the throttle.

Best way to do it - if you have it too tight, it makes the slight
adjustments for hills etc more difficult.

>    Now a problem. I seemed to have picked up excessive vibration in the
grips. So much that after 45miles my hands go numb. Anyone experienced

you say you picked it up ? any idea when it started?

- - Eric