RE: New ST owner

I also am looking for a recommendation on a new helmet as I am 6'4" and am
taking the full wind blast on my shoulders and neck at speed.  I am looking
for a helmet that is quiet, has good ventilation, is comfortable and well
made.  My old helmet is an open face style for cruising and is totally
inappropriate for the ST.  Any comments would be appreciated.
Thanks,  Dan Curcio

Hi Dan, welcome to the group. I have a black ST with 3k miles on it now. I'm
6' and get the same wind. I just got the Triumph taller windscreen and am
trying it out this weekend. We've received mixed reviews on it so far from
other ST owners. On the helmet issue I would recommend going to any local
motorcycle shops that have a good selection and try them on. Be sure to try
different manufacturers. I started out with a Shoei, found it too noisy, and
bought an Arai Quantum. The Arai fits the shape of my head better so there
is a difference between manufacturers. See if they will let you ride your
bike when you try them on. It is not a small purchase so they should. I
tried mine on at the local Honda shop but then ordered it through my Triumph
dealer to give him the business. Expect to pay between $300 to $500 for a
good quality full face helmet. I know it is expensive but how much do you
like your head?