New List Member (was: Bags and Buzzing)

According to Brian Wolfe:

> Got my ST back from having the three bag  (black) system setup. WOW! Way
> better looking than I thought. I love 'em! I can get my Arai Quantum/e
> Medium in either side, no problem.

Was there much room to spare when you put the helmet in the side case?
What I really want to know is, do you think the same helmet in size XXL
would fit?  How about the top case?  I assume it will hold at least one
helmet?  Would it hold an Aerostich suit?

Now, in the interest of economy, I'll use this as my "Hi, I'm new to
the list" post.

Hi, I'm new to the list. ;-)  Thanks to Duner Tor, who I met via the BMW
list for letting me know about this one.

I've subscribed because we are shopping for a new bike for my wife.  We
have narrowed the decision down to between the Sprint ST and the Honda
VFR800.  Both are obviously fine machines.  It appears the ST may be the
better choice as far as the "T" side of Sport/Touring goes, which is
important to us.  I also think it has more "character" and is certainly
far less common on the road.  I suspect the Honda may be a bit more
reliable and/or less idiosyncratic, and probably have easier parts
availablity.  She has ridden and likes both bikes.

I guess what I am looking for is input to push us off center and make
the decision.  I've lurked here for a day now, and it does seem that
you are all very happy with the bike.  What are the plusses and minusses
compared to the VFR, or just in general.  What are the idiosyncrasies?
For example, what is this "buzziness" being discussed?

Thanks in advance for any help and advice you can provide.

BTW, I thought I saw some dicussion about buying a new helmet.  If you
know what you want, the prices at www.thehelmetshop.com are tough to
beat, and their service is excellent.  (Standard disclaimer, happy
customer, blah, blah, blah...)

Mark
- --

Best Regards,

Mark S. Patrick                                 E-mail: msp@xxxxxxxxxx
Prism Computer Applications, Inc.               Voice:  (216) 228-1400
Cleveland, Ohio  USA                            Fax:    (216) 228-4977