Re: New List Member (was: Bags and Buzzing)

Mark Patrick wrote:

> According to Brian Wolfe:
>
> > Got my ST back from having the three bag  (black) system setup. WOW! Way
> > better looking than I thought. I love 'em! I can get my Arai Quantum/e
> > Medium in either side, no problem.
>
> Was there much room to spare when you put the helmet in the side case?
> What I really want to know is, do you think the same helmet in size XXL
> would fit?  How about the top case?  I assume it will hold at least one
> helmet?  Would it hold an Aerostich suit?

I just got the bags so can't tell you much about the capacity of the top
box. It's pretty big?? As far as an XXL, I don't know. There is some
room in front of the helmet when I put it in the side bag, just not much
on the sides. I know people have got there XLs in, though. I wouldn't
think there'd be any problem getting it into the top box, though.

> I guess what I am looking for is input to push us off center and make
> the decision.  I've lurked here for a day now, and it does seem that
> you are all very happy with the bike.  What are the plusses and minusses
> compared to the VFR, or just in general.  What are the idiosyncrasies?
> For example, what is this "buzziness" being discussed?

Get the ST. There are a few 1st year gremlins, to be sure. Nothing that
isn't or won't be sorted out, though. The supply of accesories shouldn't
be a problem after the next coupla months (Triumph has ramped up
production and they are catching up). The buzzing is from the fuel
pressurizer and is rare (there are several hundred on this list and it
seems there were only one or two that have had a problem as bad as
mine-severe whining for up to 1/2 hour into a ride).

> Thanks in advance for any help and advice you can provide.

No problem......

> Mark
> --
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Mark S. Patrick                                 E-mail: msp@xxxxxxxxxx
> Prism Computer Applications, Inc.               Voice:  (216) 228-1400
> Cleveland, Ohio  USA                            Fax:    (216) 228-4977

- --
Brian Wolfe mailto:bwolfe@xxxxxxxxx
The Chubb Corporation http://www.chubb.com/