Re: Seat Lock

At 05:32 PM 06/11/1999 -0500, Richard & Lisa White wrote:
>Well, I remember when people were first having their bags installed
>that, for lack of a better discription, the lock mechanism was turned
>around, not allowing the lock to function at all!!  This is what has
>happened after they installed my rack and reinstalled my bags!!  It
>worked the first time, so I didn't think to check it after they
>installed the rack.  Help!  Please!  I we can fix it, I would rather do
>that than spend another morning at the dealer!  Details would be greatly
>appreciated!!

Lisa,

More than likely it is not that lock is turned around, but rather that the
seat catch is putting too much pressure on the lock, causing the lock to
appear like it is jammed. The easiest way to test this would be to apply a
downward pressure on the seat in the area of the underseat latch while
turning the key. If you can't get good leverage, you can also try hitting
the seat in that general area as you are applying pressure to the key

You should hear a pop and the seat should release - if so, then you just
need to add a washer under each bolt in the seat lock and you should be
good to go.

Try that and let me know if it works to get the seat off and I can then
give you info on removing the latch

- - Eric