Re: Oil Capacity

According to Troy Blood:

> I changed my oil at the 500 mile interval as the manual says to fill
> with 4.22 US qts I believe. Well after putting in the four it was above
> the top line. Is this unusual or norm? Needless to say I didn't put in
> the other .22. I replaced filter and all, let the oil drain for a good
> 25 minutes or so.  Whats wrong with the picture?

Did you start and run the motor a bit before checking the level?  If not,
the new oil may have not entered the new filter.  This oil, which should
be in the filter, is in the pan making it appear too full.

Caveat: I'm at work where I cannot look at my wife's 4-day-old ST.  I am
unfamiliar with its oil filter position and orientation, so I can't say
for sure that the above applies here, but it is a very common situation
with many bikes and cars.

HTH,
Mark
- --

Best Regards,

Mark S. Patrick                                 E-mail: msp@xxxxxxxxxx
Prism Computer Applications, Inc.               Voice:  (216) 228-1400
Cleveland, Ohio  USA                            Fax:    (216) 228-4977