Re: Cover

> Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 20:08:35 -0700
> From: Larry Murdock <lmurdock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Cover
>
> I've been looking for a cover for my ST that is sized correctly for the
> machine. The ones I've seen to this point are either too small (Middle
> Age Crazy has panniers) or sized large enough to fit a Wing.  I need one
> that is small enough to be easily transported on the bike and with the
> aluminized sections to protect the pipe.
>
> Larry Murdock
> "Middle Age Crazy""

Larry,

The cover from Triumph fits well (no surprise) and can be rolled up to fit
under the seat, along with the tool kit. The entire inner surface is
aluminized. Three caveats:

1. I don't know if it will fit over the two box system (don't have mine
yet), but its looks like it might. Definitely won't fit over a 3 box rig.
2. It does have a large "Triumph" name emblazoned on the side. When I travel
overnight, I go for anonymity rather than advertising the best bike to
steal.
3. I don't think it will stand up to heavy rain for long.

I bought it as a daytime dust / uv cover and am satisfied. It cost $60 at my
local dealer, which seemed reasonable for the quality.

Larry Rau
Happy new ST / ex-Duck owner