Re: To Paul, Richard & Lisa

Paul,  I ordered my pipe when I bought the bike in January.  I don't actually
know if mine is alum or ss.  Has anyone figured out a definate way to tell?

You know we've been after the question of performance gains form the pipe for
a long time now and nobody seems to know anything....  makes ya wonder if
there isn't something hide....

Richard and Lisa, Joe at Joe's Bikes and Boards in NW Houston does some
pretty good work.  Lundsford refers their work to him.  I've seen him plastic
weld cracked parts to like new (just ask Dave- the VFR guy you met at
Lundsford the other day) and he does a good job matching paint, though I
believe the paint DuPont codes are available for Triumph Tornado Red so he
should be able to get dead on.  Triumph also sells a touch up kit for about
$15.  Finally, I believe the parts would come in already painted if you
bought them from Triumph.  FYI, Joe is kind of an old hippie  guy who has
inhaled a lot o paint fumes- if the weather is good for surfing, you parts
will take longer to repair.

Rick Paukert
The Woodlands, TX