Re: Painfull Confession

At 02:27 PM 6/20/99 -0400, you wrote:
>At 10:32 AM 06/19/1999 -0500, Richard & Lisa White wrote:
>>I hate to admit this, but a couple days ago I was fixing the seat lock
>>on Lisa's bike and decided to move it onto the center stand.  Somehow I
>>let it get off balance to the opposite side and could not hold it back.
>>It fell in an agonizingly slow motion till I could not hold on any
>>longer and had to let it go.  Expletives flew past my lips at a furious
>>pace.

I have soooooooo been there. During the AMA races at Sears Point, I was
staying at the ranch that Triumph rented near the raceway. I pulled into
the driveway and my rookie-ness shined through. The driveway is gravel. I
musta been doing about 1/2 mph. I turned the bars left, the bike moved
straight, my left foot washed out, the perfect bike fell over. I really
couldn't have set it down any gentler, but the blemishes are there. Damn
near went postal.

It brings a tear to my eye even now....

- --David