Luggage at last!

    Okay, so I've got my hard bags (well, two out of three - the
salesman at Hughenden M40 is, in my considered opinion, useless: I'm
certain I asked for the three bag setup, because it was not the more
usual two bags and I had to confirm that I wanted three bags, not two.
So what did he order?  The two bag setup.  But I digress.)

    Question: how do I raise the exhaust back to the higher level?
>From a brief inspection it looks like I'll have to remove the pannier
frame on the right hand side; can this be right?

    I haven't "played" with the bags much yet, but I can easily fit my
"L" Quantum/e into the right hand one.  They feel nice and solidly put
together, look good on the bike and are reasonably easy to mount and
remove.  It's a shame that one has to remove the left hand bag to get
at the seat lock, but at least the seat lock still works :-)

    For my first experience of filtering (I work in London) I've only
got the left hand bag on, but I haven't had any problems and a quick
check with a handy wall shows that the mirrors are still the widest
part of the bike.

    Hughenden's service department at least seems to have their act
together - it was their "slow" mechanic who did the work, taking two
and a half hours.

                Jim
- --
      jim@         ,'_                 We have to have some spikey death
  ixion.org.uk    / -.--.    ___       weaponry though... Pleeeeease :)
+44 171 721 2672 _\_  ~-.`--'_.-'
'99 Sprint ST   \__/ `---'  \__/                        -- John Anglesea