Turn Signals

Hi Guys,
  The more I ride my new ST the more I like it, but I have one big
problem with my bike.  No, it's not the bike, it's the rider.  Having
come from a Japanese motorcycle I have gotten lazy with turning off the
turn signals.  I find myself riding merrily along confusing traffic with
unending turn signals at least half the time.  Not only is this
embarrassing but dangerous as car drivers figure I'm going to turn at
the next intersection but I just keep riding along.  My old Yamaha had
self canceling signals and I am having a hard time getting used to the
manual switch on the ST.
  I started looking for a device that would automatically cancel the
signals.  I didn't want to go with a beeper as I find them very
obnoxious when sitting at an intersection.  The product I just found and
installed on my ST is  called "signalMinder" and is installed by simply
unplugging the original turn signal relay and plugging in theirs.  Kisan
technologies (www.kisantech.com) makes it and the one for the ST is the
3-pin H4 style plug, part number SM-1.  It sells for $69.95 + shipping.
It can be set for six different time delays from 5 sec. to 80 sec.  I
set mine for 40 sec. as this seems right for my riding style.
  This product works great and installation is a snap.  The turn signal
relay is located in the front right fairing (when sitting on the bike)
under the instrument panel and to the right of the headlight.  It is the
rectangular black plastic box with "Hella" on it.  Just leave your turn
signals on and feel around in the area until you find the clicking box.
Simply pull it off of it's connector and replace it with the
signalMinder set to the desired time delay.  The only thing this product
will not do is cancel the turn signal switch.  You still need to press
the button in sometime before you use the signals again.  If you
approach a corner and find the signals will not work this means you
forgot to turn them off.  Just press in the button and try again.  A
beeper can also be attached to the device if desired.  Check out their
web page for more details.
  I hope this information can help others with this stupid problem and
if it can prevent an accident it is well worth the money.

Dan