RE: Dumpimg over new ST

Hmm... my approach, with both my VFR's and now with the ST, is to step
forcibly on the tang of the centrestand before I push the bike upright from
the sidestand. The weight on the centrestand stops the bike from tending to
go over too far, and I can control it easily with one hand and one foot,
using the other to lift at the rear as required. To do this safely you have
to be perfectly happy that your foot is not going to slip off the tang -
it's always worth satisfying yourself that it is gripping before lifting the
bike to the vertical - and you need to be on level, solid ground (a gentle
downhill slope front to back is OK, anything else forget it - but then if
you use the centrestand at all in those circumstances you're potentially
asking for it...).

Cheers,

Ken Haylock