Re: ex-VFR owners

>I'll be getting a new bike next season...

>This is my potential list>Ducati- Monster / BMW- R1200C / Suzuki- Bandit /
Kawasaki- ZRX1100/ / Yamaha- Vmax

I"ve got several Ducs including a Monster.  Ducs are not everyday
motorcycles, they are not practical, they are expensive to buy and difficult
to maintain.  My mechanic estimates his average customer spends about
$700-$800 per year on maintenance.  This includes tune ups, valve
adjustments, clutch adjustments etc.  I would not consider buying a Duc
unless you had access to good service.

Ducati's are also some of the most beautiful and charismatic machines you
can own.
I am willing to pay the price because NOTHING, I repeat NOTHING is like
riding a Duc.
I say that after 30 years of riding BMW, Triumphs, Hondas etc. etc.

Bottom line: if this will be your only bike, skip the Ducati's.  However if
you already have a daily rider, and are willing to make the financial
committment, get a Duc.

Mike