Genmar risers

- ------=_NextPart_000_000D_01BEC00A.D10C4200

I put the risers on today and here is what I found. Overall fit and =
finish of the risers is very good. They match up pretty well with the =
bars and don't look out of place. The sleeve that fits in the center =
sticks up above the bars about 1/4 inch, don't know if this is =
functional but that part looks out of place. The clutch cable is pretty =
stretched with the riser in place, when I turn the bars to full left =
lock it pulls the clutch in very slightly. Some adjustment may help but =
I think the real answer is about 1" longer clutch cable, maybe the cable =
from a Speed Triple? On the right bar; The top brake line is not really =
made the same (correctly) as stock. The stock top banjo has an angle of =
maybe 20 degrees, the replacement has no angle which means you have to =
route it strangely. The stock bottom banjo has an angle of about 45 =
degrees, the replacement is about 35, it will not fit in place in the =
same place as stock. The relationship of the top and bottom banjos on =
the hose is not the same as stock causing the line to 'corkscrew' when =
mounted. The replacement line seems to be slightly longer than =
necessary. Everything clears nicely, I did have some concern about the =
brake fluid reserve but it clears just fine. I just finished and only =
took the bike around the block but I think this will be a very big =
improvement for me. The only real complaint I had about the bike was the =
weight on my wrists in town and during heavy braking. I think that =
problem will go away. At this point I would recommend the risers to =
anyone with similar problems knowing that there are a few areas that =
need to be finessed to make me really happy.

Paul & Dee Steinbacher
1999 Sprint ST
1997 Buell M2

- ------=_NextPart_000_000D_01BEC00A.D10C4200

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>I put the risers on today and here is what I found. Overall fit and =
finish=20
of the risers is very good. They match up pretty well with the bars and =
don't=20
look out of place. The sleeve that fits in the center sticks up above =
the bars=20
about 1/4 inch, don't know if this is functional but&nbsp;that part =
looks out of=20
place. The clutch cable is pretty stretched with the riser in place, =
when I turn=20
the bars to full left lock it pulls the clutch in very slightly. Some =
adjustment=20
may help but I think the real answer is about 1" longer clutch cable, =
maybe the=20
cable from a Speed Triple? On the right bar; The top brake line is not =
really=20
made the same (correctly) as stock. The stock top banjo has an angle of =
maybe 20=20
degrees, the replacement has no angle which means you have to route it=20
strangely. The stock bottom banjo has an angle of about 45 degrees, the=20
replacement is about 35, it will not fit in place in the same place as =
stock.=20
The relationship of the top and bottom banjos on the hose is not the =
same as=20
stock causing the line to 'corkscrew' when mounted. The replacement line =
seems=20
to be slightly longer than necessary. Everything clears nicely, I did =
have some=20
concern about the brake fluid reserve but it clears just fine. I just =
finished=20
and only took the bike around the block but I think this will be a very =
big=20
improvement for me. The only real complaint I had about&nbsp;the bike =
was the=20
weight on my wrists in town and during heavy braking. I think that =
problem will=20
go away. At this point I would recommend the risers to anyone with =
similar=20
problems knowing that there are a few areas that need to be finessed to =
make me=20
really happy.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Paul &amp; Dee Steinbacher<BR>1999 Sprint ST<BR>1997 Buell=20
M2</DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_000D_01BEC00A.D10C4200--