Re: 5K miles on the tires, 20' on the bodywork...

At 01:56 AM 06/26/1999 -0700, Rick Damiani wrote:
>As I leave the campus I find myself on a down grade entering a 'T'
>intersection and needing to turn right. The intersection is clear, the light
>is my way, the road looks OK and traffic is very light. I move towards the
>right curb [1] lean into the turn and about half way through feel the back
>end kick way out before losing it all together. The bike slides on it's
>right side for about 15-20' while spinning slowly around so it is facing the
>wrong way while shedding it's right-side saddle bag. I slide about 5 or 10'
>on my right side before coming to a stop myself, all the while thinking 'I
>really should have put on the damn jacket even if it was just a short trip.'

Rick,

Sorry to read of your crash - but glad to hear you came out relatively
unscathed. As Lisa said, personal body parts are a lot harder to fix than
the bike body parts.

As for the jacket, I take a lot of ribbing from a few harley guys that I
ride with from time to time for wearing my leather jacket in the 100 degree
heat. I always think back to one of my instructors telling me long ago, as
you are getting dressed, ask yourself, if I knew that I was going to go
down today, how would I dress ? ....

- - Eric