Re: New subscribers/Gen-Mar

 Dave wrote:
> riding you do, what problems you're experiencing, and what modifications
> were being made.  The Gen-Mar discussion is particularly interesting.  My
> main concerns, at age 45 with a back that goes out more than I do,  are
> seating position and wind protection, as I am looking for something I can
> comfortably ride to San Francisco but also split lanes with in congested
> L.A.  So far I've gathered some nice tidbits from this list.

Dave, I used the bike with Gen-Mar risers for my commute today. Forty-five
minutes in traffic at the end of the day and for the first time since I got
the bike I noticed that I did not notice ANY sore points when I got home.
I'm sold on the risers. Triumph should make an alternate bar, there is
plenty of room for it. Don't put off buying the Gen-Mars waiting for
anything else though. I heartily recommend them to anyone experiencing any
discomfort, position is excellent and I'll have my moneys worth the first
long day. After $11,000 odd dollars already, another $145 is small enough
when you get to have it be really comfortable as opposed to nagging aches
and pains at various points.

Paul Steinbacher