Re: first trip, five to six shifting

At 06:26 PM 06/28/1999 -0400, Manuel Helzel wrote:
>Sometimes these things get better with time, or else the owner gets used to
>it, and adapts his style of shifting.   I currently have a RS1100 BMW which
>is reputedly a crummy shifter, and which used to make me miss the occasional
>one-two shift.  Now that I have had the bike for a few years, I very rarely
>miss a shift and find it better shifting than many other bikes.

I think it is a little bit of both. The transmission definitely becomes
smoother with age - my old Sprint really didn't get good until 6k miles -
but it seems only natural to assume that the rider will adjust to the
shifting patterns of the bike, thus also reducing the number of missed shifts.

The only shift problem that I have experienced on the new ST is an
occasional false neutral on downshift from 6th to 5th.

- - Eric