Re: I should have bought an ark...

At 10:10 PM 6/28/99 -0400, Eric Sheley wrote:

>If you look on the pic that I sent of the seat cowl, you'll notice how much
>I liked mine. After installing mine, I thought "this looks like crap". I
>don't think it would be bad on a black bag, but on the red, the lack of
>adhesion to the top box is readily apparent. After 2 attempts with other
>adhesives (including a 3M super adhesive tape), I decided I would just bond
>it on with Goop. I cut the underside down to make it fit better, and was
>about to glue it down when I decided to let my wife try it first. She
>decided that it was more comfortable without, so now I have two bolts
>filling the holes in my topbox ......

Oooo, but I love this list.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.  I looked at
the backrest, then at the instructions, then at the sticky tape (which
seems to work fine for the CF tank protector BTW), then at the beauty top
on the box, and I said to myself I said, "Do I really want to drill holes
in this box when sticky tape is supposed to hold the backrest edges tight."

Now I have the answer.  Thanks again.

Rich Weyand      |  _______   ___,---. ---+_______:_   |Rich Weyand
Weyand Associates| |_N_&_W_| |_N_&_W_| |__|________|_  |TracTronics
Comm Consultants |  ooo ooo ~ ooo ooo ~ oOOOO- OOOO=o\ |Model RR Electronics
weyand@xxxxxxx   |     http://www.mcs.net/~weyand/     |weyand@xxxxxxx