Re: I should have bought an ark...

- -----Original Message-----
From: Eric Sheley <eric@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, June 29, 1999 2:28 PM
Subject: Re: I should have bought an ark...

>At 11:35 AM 06/29/1999 -0400, Mark Patrick wrote:
>>I have heard that GIVI makes the bags for Triumph.  Their stuff has a very
>>good reputation for being waterproof.  On my BMW R1100RT I have a GIVI
>topcase
>
>nope - triumph bags are made by Acerbis - the same fine folks that make the
>bags for the trophy and executive (as well as a lot of the body parts).
>They are stamped inside that way as well. The confusion began because the
>early bags were done by Givi (most bags only changed the badge from Givi to
>Triumph)
>
>>along with the standard BMW saddlebags.  In April I rode a little over 500
>>miles one day in *very* heavy rain the *whole* way.  The bike was out in
the

>I had 36L Givi's on my 96 Sprint and rode in the rain quite a bit
>(including one trip from Montreal to VA in rain the whole way) - they
>leaked only once and that was because one of the retention cords got caught
>in the seal.
>
>>None of the bags leaked a drop.  So I second the question about something
>>possibly being caught in the seals.
>
>When I first looked at the bags I questioned a number of Trophy owners
>about the bags and they all stated that they had no water problems. I have
>ridden in a few rain storms but nothing for a long duration, so that's why
>I was curious.
>
>- Eric

> The ST Mailing list is sponsored by the Unofficial ST Website
>   http://www.TriumphNet.com/st for ST and Mailing List info

Eric   Just spoke with cycle riders and they hava a BLACK seat cowl in
stock. I'm planning on going to get it wednesday and was wondering about
installing it. Do you just remove the grab rail, reinstall bolts, and then
install cowl with 2 screws (supplied?) to side of seat?  What holds the back
of the cowl on? Can I remove rail, ride over, install cowl
 in parking lot? Is it that simple?                               Mark