Re: Pinched vent hose

At 11:01 PM 06/29/1999 -0500, dan k.curcio wrote:
>Eric,
>I started looking for the pinched gas tank vent hose today.  I did not
>find it, but I have not disassembled anything yet and ran out of time.
>Before I start taking the bike apart I was hoping you might be able to
>tell me where to look for it and what needs to be removed before I can
>check the hose.  I don't want to take things apart unnecessarily.

If you follow the seam that runs between the tank and the rear fairing
assembly on the right side of the bike, you will see the two vent / drain
nipples coming down off the tank (using a flashlight will make them easy to
see). To really be able to see the fittings, you must remove the rear
fairing assembly, which is held in place by 4 bolts and 4 peg / grommet
devices. If you need more help, let me know

- - Eric